Sambucus nigra f. porphyrophylla 'Gerda'
- Common Name: Black Elderberry
- Plant Height: 3
- Plant Spread: 3
- Use: informal screen, border, soil binding
- Plant Pruning: Prune one year old wood by half & remove old stems to their base in winter.
- Soil Moisture: dry between watering to constantly moist
- Sunlight: hot overhead sun to warm low sun
- Design: Suits tropical, mediterranean, oriental & cottage designs
- Plant Origins: Europe-W Russia, North Africa, SW Asia-Middle East
- Flower Colour: pink
- Garden Type: shrub
- Plant Seasonality: Deciduous