Scott grew up in Brisbane before making his way to Britain, where he is now established as a favourite on-screen vet.
But what is Dr Miller’s story? Here, we answer some of your most frequently asked questions.
1. How old is Dr Scott Miller?
Scott was born in 1975 and is 44 years old.
2. Where was Dr Scott Miller born?
Scott Miller was born in Brisbane, where he grew up and studied at the University of Queensland Veterinary School, before moving to Sydney for a career as a veterinary surgeon at the RSPCA Sydney Veterinary Hospital.
3. Where does Dr Scott Miller currently live?
We don’t know exactly where the Miller family lives today but his vet practice is in the outskirts of London in the quiet and leafy suburb of Richmond Upon Thames. He also has another vets practice in St Margarets.
In 2008, there were reports that he had bought a 15-hectare farm in the Portugese village of Benasfrim.
4. When did Dr Scott Miller move to the UK?
Scott packed up and moved to the UK (for a quick trip) more than 18 years ago after his mum joked that he would never visit the UK. He went and never came back! Scott’s parents are both British who migrated to Australia in 1967.
5. Where did Dr Scott Miller study to become a Veterinarian?
Dr Scott Miller graduated from the University of Queensland Veterinary school in 1997. He then worked at the RSPCA Clinic in Australia, the largest animal hospital in Australia.
6. Has Dr Scott Miller written any books?
Scott has published one book, Puppy Parenting which helps new dog owners navigate their way through raising a puppy.
7. How did Dr Scott Miller become the 'Vet on the Hill'?
Scott was approached by Melbourne-production company The WTFN Group (makers of popular Aussie shows Bondi Vet and The Living Room) to host a new vet series tailored for the UK market, Vet on the Hill. Vet on the Hill first aired in early 2016, it's now one of the most popular shows in the UK.
8. Where is 'Vet on the Hill' located?
Vet on the Hill is filmed at Dr Scott’s clinic in Richmond Hill, Richmond Upon Thames, near London.
9. How many seasons of 'Vet on the Hill' are there?
There are five seasons of Vet on the Hill, it was in production from 2015-2018.
Season 1 - 10 episodes
Season 2 - 20 episodes
Season 3 - 25 episodes
Season 4 - 6 episodes
Season 5 - 8 episodes
10. What are the best episodes of 'Vet on the Hill'?
Episode 2 of Season 2 is a particularly moving episode where Dr Scott treats “one of the most shocking cases of neglect he has ever seen.”
11. Who are the other 'Vet on the Hill' cast members?
The Vet on the Hill series is narrated by Jamie Muffett
12. How can you watch 'Vet on the Hill'?
You can stream every episode and series of Vet on the Hill on Foxtel On Demand.
13. Was Dr Scott Miller on Big Brother?
Scott was in London for just a year before being asked to appear on the first UK Big Brother as the “in house vet” to inspect a chicken called Marjory.
14. What other TV Shows has Dr Scott Miller appeared on?
Scott is no stranger when it comes to appearing in front of the camera.
He's appeared on:
- Extinct for Meridian
- Who Let the Dogs Out and About
- Animal Hospital
- BBC Breakfast News
- The Paul O’Grady Show
- Blue Peter
- This Morning
- Blue Petter
- Puppy Parenting
15. Who is Dr Scott Miller's wife?
Scott is married to British TV presenter Zoe Christien or Zo Christien as she is sometimes known.
16. How many kids does Dr Scott Miller have?
Scott has three children, Summer, Quinn and Jackson. The Miller family also has a menagerie of animals including three guinea pigs, Buddy the rabbit, Beaches the tortoise, Ricketts the cat, Cookie the hedgehog, Betty the border collie and a puppy called Skully.
17. Has Dr Scott Miller ever swum butterfly for Australia in the Olympics?
The vet, Dr Scott Miller, is aveterinary surgeon and a huge sports fan but has not competed for Australia in the Olympics. He is not to be confused with Olympic silver medallist Scott Miller!
18. Is Dr Scott Miller on Instagram?
You can follow Scott on Instagram, his handle is @drscottym.