What does your coffee preference say about you?
Having a cup of coffee is part of many people's daily routine. In fact, De'Longhi's latest research into how Aussies consume coffee (the National Coffee Snapshot) shows that 91 per cent of us drink it.
Whether you can't bear to start your day without a latte or you crave a mid-morning cappuccino, De'Longhi’s new ambassador, Craig Simon, reveals that what you crave can reflect a few personality traits, too.
“The fact that coffee is so ingrained in our culture and our everyday, means that we’ve even started to stereotype personalities based on the coffee someone drinks," Craig says. "Hilariously, according to the survey respondents, 43 per cent think flat white drinkers are down-to-earth and also boring, while latte and macchiato drinkers are high-maintenance and cappuccino drinkers are fun!"
READ MORE: What is Fairtrade coffee?
Although the findings are all in good humour, Craig says what he thought was most important from the survey results was the fact that everyone enjoys coffee differently and that should be encouraged and celebrated.
So, what's your favourite way to drink coffee and what does it say about you?
The survey asked respondents what characteristics they thought common of drinkers of various coffees were:
- Flat white - Down to earth (43 per cent), plain/boring (28 per cent) and laid-back (28 per cent)
- Latte - High maintenance (23 per cent), but fun (18 per cent)
- Cappuccino - Fun (25 per cent) and passionate (24 per cent)
- Macchiato - High maintenance (28 per cent) and arrogant (18 per cent)
- Long black - Plain/boring (22 per cent) and passionate/arrogant/successful (each 15 per cent)
- Espresso - Passionate (25 per cent) and successful (21 per cent)