Clarence House has confirmed Prince Charles has contracted Coronavirus.
The 71-year-old future king has experienced mild symptoms of the virus and was subsequently tested.
He is now self isolating at Balmoral Castle, in Scotland.
"The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Coronavirus,” Clarence House said in a statement.
"He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual."
His wife Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall, 72, was also tested but returned a negative result.
"The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus. In accordance with Government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland," the stement continued.
A spokesman for the couple said it was difficult to say where he caught it from because of the large number of public engagements he has carried out in 'recent weeks'.
Up until recently, Prince Charles had been well and attended numerous royal engagements, including a reception and dinner in aid of the Australian bushfire relief and recovery effort.
Two weeks ago he met with Prince Albert of Monaco, at a WaterAid event in London who has also tested positive to the virus.
He last saw the Queen, 93, two weeks. A statement from Buckingham Palace confirms she remains in good health.
"The Queen last saw the Prince of Wales briefly on the morning of March 12 and is following all the appropriate advice with regard to her welfare," the statement said.
She and Prince Phillip have already left London and are now residing at Windsor Castle, reportedly after a palace worker at Buckingham Palace showed symptoms tested positive to the virus.
More on Lifestyle.com.au