A Kmart shopper has posted details of a frightening incident when her toaster caught fire.
The customer, Dakoda, shared a photo of her toaster alight in a Kmart group on Facebook.
The shopper claimed the Kmart kitchen appliance failed to pop up after the toast was cooked and it then caught fire.The alleged malfunction happened at her home.
“I walk in and find my toaster in flames on my kitchen bench, unplugged it. Ran outside and started recording.
“This could have burnt my house down or injured someone," she wrote.
Photo credit: Kmart Hacks & Decor/Facebook
It's not clear if she has contacted Kmart to issue a complaint.
Photo: Kmart Hacks & Decor/Facebook
Another member of the social media group claimed hers had also caught alight, after allegedly malfunctioning.
“My trusty Kmart toaster malfunctioned," alleged Jodie. "Luckily my kids came and got me. Don’t leave them unattended.”
Picture: Kmart Hacks & Decor/Facebook
Jodie shared an image of her burnt toast in the toaster and outlined how she had smoke damage on her ceiling.
Kmart sell a range of toasters at stores across Australia with prices starting from $7.50, although it's not been revealed exactly which toasters from the range were involved in these incidents.
Kmart have been approached for comment.
Also on LifeStyle: