Australia's number one female tennis player is making headlines around the world, but how much do we really know her?
Ashleigh Barty, 23, is only the second Australian female tennis player to rank number one in the world by the Women's Tennis Association (WTA). Evonne Goolagong Cawley is the other Australian woman to hold that title.
Ashleigh has now hit the headlines all over the world as her success grows but how well do you really know the proud Queenslander? Here's some Ash Barty facts you might not know...
1. Ashleigh's dad, Robert Barty, is a proud Ngarigo Indigenous Australian and her mum, Josie comes from English descent. She grew up in Ipswich, QLD, and played netball and tennis with her older sisters Ali and Sara, before ditching netball because she deemed it to be a "girls' game!".
2. She actually gave up tennis in 2014 and switched to playing cricket because as she said, "I needed some time to refresh mentally more than anything. It became a bit of a slog for me and I wasn’t enjoying my tennis as much as I would have liked to. I wanted to experience life as a normal teenaged girl and have some normal experiences.” Ash started playing cricket with the Queensland Fire and impressed from her first ever training session but returned to tennis a year later because she missed the game so much.
3. She’s only 166cm tall which makes her one of the shortest player’s on the WTA circuit.
4. It looks like she's a confirmed Disney fan. Ash has been dropping Disney references and quotes into most of her post-match interviews recently, including direct quotes from The Little Mermaid, Toy Story and The Lion King!
In her first press conference at the tournament, Barty referenced The Lion King by admitting , "We kind of came into it thinking like Hakuna Matata."
After her second round Wimbledon win, Barty dropped in a Toy Story reference, saying: "I chat to my niece and over and over she just tells me, 'You can go to infinity and beyond'."
And when she was asked about how she selected which shots to play in her game against Harriet Dart she threw in a line from Under The Sea from The Little Mermaid saying, "I think for me sometimes I look at a shot, I play a shot, I think the seaweed is always greener in someone else's lake. I try and think of how else I can win the point," she said, keeping a straight face.
5. She’s a real homebody. Her favourite home-cooked meal is her mum’s chicken curry, her sister's Ali and Sara told The Player's Voice. And her favourite way to relax is to sit at home on the couch with “her puppy dogs and a coffee”.
But she’s not perfect. Her sisters claim she would never do her chores at home. Sara remembers, 'She used to share a bedroom with Ali and, when they were told to clean their room, she would stick her head under the bed, stay there for half an hour and say she was cleaning when she was actually playing on her Game Boy. Ali did the cleaning.'
6 She's currently dating Garry Kissick – the golf professional at the Brookwater Golf Club just outside Brisbane. He travels with her as much as he can and has been staying with her during her time in Wimbledon. Even sneaking in a few rounds of golf...
The rain held off long enough to get a round in at Royal Eastbourne this afternoon, great little track. Be back again for sure???????? #Devonshirecourse #royaleastbourne #golf #golfcourse #whyilovethisgame #skins #golfcoursephotography #instagolf #taylormade #m5 #p760 #adidasgolf #johncollinsgolf #England #Eastbourne