Try James Wong's recipe for natural breath freshener.
• 10 tablespoons (approx. 25 g) fresh thyme leaves
• 10 tablespoons (approx. 30 g) fresh mint leaves
• 5 fresh eucalyptus leaves
• 3 teaspoons aniseed
• 3 teaspoons cloves
• 200 ml vodka
• Rind of 1 lemon
• 1 tablespoon artificial sweetener to taste, if desired
• 4 tablespoons glycerine
1. Strip the thyme, mint and eucalypytus leaves from their stems and chop. Place in a blender and whiz. Add the aniseed and cloves to the blender and whiz again.
2. Place in a dark bottle with the vodka, lemon and artificial sweetener (if using) and leave for 10 days to 1 month to macerate.
3. Strain through muslin. Add the glycerine, then stir and pour into a 50ml spray bottle (with a yield of up to 1ml per spray).
USE: Spray 1 ml into the mouth when needed
NB This contains alcohol, so be careful not to overuse, especially if driving.
STORAGE: Keeps for up to 1 year.