Wellbeing Expert Sam Sample tells how to balance the physical, emotional and intellectual sides of our self with our spirituality, and why it's important.
Sometimes when we get dis-ease in the body, it has nothing to do with “catching a virus” or “catching a bug” or pulling a muscle, but more so to do with some other underlying emotional issue or unresolved issue from the past; and sometimes we create the dis-ease, pain or discomfort ourselves on the subconscious level, and other times something different altogether, beyond our rational thinking mind.
After much questioning and curiosity from my part, a dear friend of mine and I pondered, discussed, consulted a library of books and pondered some more about the interconnection between our internal organs, emotions, consciousness, emotions we inherit, and the holistic nature of things that pertain to the body, mind and spirituality. A topic that is really quite extensive and that which we as humans are just starting to re-embrace again.
One concept that really stood out from our conversations that I must share is the importance of balance.
If we focus this lifetime too much on the physical, emotional and intellectual side of our self, without a balance of spirituality, should the desire arise to awaken and become more conscious, it would be futile. One needs balance.
On the other side, if we focus this lifetime too much on spirituality without exploring the physical, emotional and intellectual, it will lead to disturbances and perhaps disorders within these realms of our self. One needs balance - here are a few tips:
- It is very simple … the concept of balance. But how many of us practice it? Truly practice it. And how do we keep in balance? Following is how best I see it, based on what I have learnt so far.
- Look after our physicality with wholesome organic foods bursting with nutrients that the body requires to function optimally and stay away from toxins. And remember to exercise the body daily.
- Support our emotional state so that the scales are even. Don’t feed “stories” and get overwhelmed and swept away with drama or trauma, and “rights” or “wrongs”.
- Feed the intellect daily with inspiration and information.
- Explore your spirituality. No matter what you believe or how you believe it to be. Jump down that rabbit hole and open your eyes, your heart and your imagination.
Got a question for Sam? Ask her here!