Stressed out? You’re not alone.
Health professionals report an epidemic of stress and anxiety. And what makes it so horrifying is that almost everyone believes it’s their fault.
But that’s not true -- work and otherwise, our society encourages ever more busy-ness and an overstimulation of our senses. Fortunately, there is an easy solution: meditation.
The truth about meditation is that you don’t need to sit cross-legged for great chunks of your day to achieve inner calm and emotional good sense when you need it. Meditation can be streamlined into just a few minutes at any time of day. All you need to do is remember these five key elements below and apply them in your daily shower, when you are stalled in traffic (with eyes open of course) or even in between work and social engagements. You’ll soon notice the difference.
1. Focus on one thing at a time.
2. Be present, leaving thoughts about past or future till later.
3. Stop thinking and deliberately move into sensation.
4. Sit back in your mind and passively watch what’s going on without having to react or respond.
5. Take three breaths and sigh as you breathe out. Try this while waiting in a queue or making a cup of tea or watching birds fly across the sky or … well, it’s entirely up to you. Be creative. And you will find an instant peace of mind..