Not having any luck with online dating? Maybe it's time to give your online profile a makeover!
So you’re feeling like an average Joe – you haven’t been anywhere, or done anything. There’s no excitement here! No need to feel ashamed, as we approach the busiest online dating period of the year, we can help!
Sarah Mason, Relationship Expert at eHarmony, shares 5 easy tips that anyone can follow to make their online dating profile one that will intrigue and excite:
1) Profile photos ARE important – You think you look awesome in that batman costume? Ain’t nobody got time for that! eHarmony stats show that people who upload 3 or more photos receive the most communication from their matches. Medium shots (from the waist up) attract the most interest, as opposed to far away or poor quality images.
2) Don’t try to be impressive or interesting - Most of us get too caught up in trying to present ourselves as perfect – let’s face it, nobody is! It just creates a false impression and attracts the wrong type of person for you. Instead, express the kind of person YOU are and what you value most, as this will attract people you’re compatible with.
3) Avoid clichés - Too many people write the same things on their profile. Common phrases like “I live life to the fullest,” or “I like pina coladas and long walks on the beach” express very little individuality. Showing originality will help you stand out from the crowd.
4) Never leave things blank – It will make you look lazy and not serious about finding a relationship. You don’t have to write long detailed responses, but little snippets of information that show off your personality and life experience will go a long way.
5) Give, give, give and then take - Don’t just write about your golden list of attributes you want in a partner. Instead, try talking about the aspects of your personality that make you who you are, letting your matches