Hayley Lewis is the the face of myspecialk.com.au - a free, new, personalised online weight management plan that incorporates food and exercise plans to get you on the right foot for the New Year - and we have her top tips for losing weight in the New year plus some great exercises you can do at home.
Hayley's Top Tips For A Healthy Body And Mind
• Ready to make a positive change? When it comes to achieving your dreams it pays to have goals! Think carefully about what your goals are and be specific.
• Once you’ve set your goals, you need a plan: a step-by-step one. Work out what you want to achieve, and when.
• When it comes to making changes in your life, be realist and kind to yourself. Everyone has different abilities. This change is all about YOU, and no one else.
• If you want to break a bad habit, be prepared for it to be tough at first. The first two weeks are always the hardest. When it comes to achieving your goals, it’s important to have a really supportive network of family and friends. Avoid those who threaten to steer you off track.
• If you come off track, go easy on yourself. We all have those times. It’s important you don’t write off the rest of the day or week though – get back on track as soon as you can.
• When it comes to achieving a large goal, set lots of mini goals or ‘check points’ along the way. Celebrate when you reach each milestone
• When it comes to setting goals, don’t settle for anything less than your version of amazing. You deserve it.
• Women have an incredible ability to achieve great things and to be very determined. I believe that for us, the greatest motivator is to feel good on the inside, as well as outside.
• It doesn’t matter if others around you can’t see your achievements. It’s all about you and how you feel. Perhaps you have more energy. A boost in confidence. Or you simply feel fresher and more invigorated. Focus on what you gain from exercising and eating well.
• Motivation is the key to success in anything you do – in business, sport and even managing your weight. Figure out what motivates you and keeps it going.
• To achieve your goals, you often need to change your whole mindset – not just what you eat, or your exercise regime. It’s about being a healthy and happy you.
• When you’re setting yourself goals, make sure they’re something you really, really believe in and want to achieve. While myspecialk.com.au can provide the tools and foundations to help you get there, your motivation needs to come from within.
• Personally, I have never achieved anything in life without a quantifiable goal and step-by-step plan.
• Don’t let a friend’s goal affect how you see your own. Align your ‘success’ with what you want to achieve.
• Ignore any silver bullets or fads. The only way to reach your goals is to make positive, long-term changes.
• Remember, long-term fitness is just as much about healthy eating as it is exercise.