“Of all the things that affect our sexual satisfaction, the most important element is sexual confidence.” - Dr Phil
Ladies, Dr Phil has spoken. Feeling confident in the bedroom is the number one way to light a fire under your sex life. Since, according to a study by Deakin University, more than half of Australian women have difficulty reaching the Big O, a little help in that department couldn’t hurt!
So, how do you get sexual confidence? By “confidence” we mean being relaxed, open and happy, not swinging from the chandelier Samantha-style, by the way. Dr. Phil says a sexually confident woman is one who “doesn't obsess about rejection or failure”.
With that in mind, here are our top ten tips for a bedroom boost.
• Make your bedroom a calm, clean, sensual place. New sheets, flowers and fresh air are good. Clutter, computers and soft toys are not.
• Choose an affirmation to say to yourself over and over again before sex. “I am beautiful, sexy and on fire,” usually does the trick.
• Rose oil is known to increase libido so dab a little on your pillow or nightie.
• Practicing yoga can help you feel confident about your body and your sex life.
• The brain is the body’s largest sexual organ, so use it! Think sexy thoughts and you’ll project that feeling outwardly.
• Realise that your partner is far less critical of your body than you are. Body consciousness is a perception of how your body appears to you!
• Keep a journal of your sexiest thoughts, experiences and fantasies and refer to it when you need a passion injection.
• Leave your past sexual experiences at the door. Think of every time as your “first time” and you’ll shiver with excitement!
• Stop comparing yourself to others. Breathe deeply and focus on the experience and your partner.
• Smile. Nothing shows confidence more than a beaming, sexy grin.