With around 3,000 Aussie respondents and over 100,000 men around the world having taken part, here is what is showed.
• 65% believe in the institution of marriage
• 40% believe being a great father and husband defines a real man in 2010
• Having a family trumps having a beautiful house or a luxury car, with 32% of men stating it as their ultimate male status symbol
• Chivalry is not dead! 77% of men feel they should pay for the majority of dates either for the duration of the relationship or at least until it’s established
• The majority, 37%, believes that good guy and father Hugh Jackman best represents the typical Aussie bloke
• 63% of men cook at home and enjoy it
• 69% of men would take the male contraceptive pill if it were available
• 81% of men would have no problem with their partner earning more than them
• Over 50% men engage regularly in some kind of ‘manscaping’
Sex and dating
• 32% of Australian men said they would not pursue a relationship with a girlfriend who didn’t have "wife potential"
• A sense of loyalty was voted the most important personality trait that makes a woman "relationship material" with 28% of votes. A sense of humour’ (27%), a sense of carling/nurturing (24%) and intelligence (21%) were the next most valued traits among Australian men.
• 76% of Australian men would not cheat on their partner, even if there was no chance of them finding out.
• 19% of Australian men said they would change nothing about their wife/girlfriend with 10% wanting to change her sexual appetite and 14% wanting to change her attitude/moodiness.
• 75% say sex multiple times a week constitutes a healthy sex life. However 37% say they are only “somewhat satisfied” with their sex lives.
• Only 55% of Australian men said they would enlarge their penis if they could.
• C cup was voted most popular breast size (47%) followed by D cup (16%), B cup (11%) a further 24% claimed “breast size isn’t important to me”
• 60% of men undertake additional daily skin care.
• Aussie men are more concerned with style than comfort, with 75% of dressing to fit what they consider their personal style.
• 43% of Aussie men consider potential for career growth the most important aspect in deciding to take a new job.
• 54% of men think moral standards in business are on the decline, and “miss the days when someone’s word and a handshake meant something.”
• Aussie men are smart about money--45% stated they do not have a credit card.
• 40% of men consider beer the ultimate man’s drink.
• Aussie males think about the value and meaning of their life. 74% of men either have, or would like to make, a list of ‘things to do before they die’ (bucket list).
Aussie men in 2010
• Aussie men feel misrepresented by the media, with 66% responding that no commercial portrayals of men are accurate.
• Sport is still a major part of Australian men’s life. 45% said they would turn down sex to watch The World Cup.
• Aussie men aren’t skeptics. 50% believe in the existence of aliens, and 2% believe in angels.
• Australian men like to schedule their TV watching around the rest of their lives, with 64% reporting they prefer to watch downloaded episodes or DVD series rather than broadcast television.
• The internet is also the main source of news for Aussie men, with 59% stating they get their news online.
• 56% men consider sensible politics to be the most important quality in a political leader.
• 80% men still think the Australian dream of owning your own home is achievable.