People everywhere are talking about a little purple berry that is sweeping the globe as a health food. With its impressive nutrient make up the benefits of the Brazilian Acai (ah-sigh-EE) berry are truly incredible and thousands of health aficionados are adding it to their regular diet for an invigorated lifestyle. And the Acai Berry is simply delicious! Imagine a blend of chocolate and mixed berry flavours – sprinkled on cerial, juices, smoothies, yoghurt or desserts – you name it, the Acai berry enhances it!
What is the Acai Berry and why is it so nutricious?
Açaí berries grow uniquely on an Açaí Palm which flourishes over 6.1 million acres of Amazon rainforest in Brazil. The berry itself contains 95% seed and 5% skin, and as with many fruits, most nutrients are found in the skin. Jam packed with nutrition, it is no surprise that the locals call the palm “the tree of life”.
It grows in a completely organic and wild environment with no pesticides or pollution and in the most nutrient dense soil in the world.
Benefits of the Açaí Berry
Purple foods are like royalty in the health food stakes. A nutritional powerhouse, packed with organic nutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, omegas and amino acids, it has so many health benefits and you’ll wonder why you’ve lasted so long without it. Unlike synthetic multivitamins, Açaí is a wholefood product. Our bodies naturally recognise and absorb wholefood nutrients, making the Açaí berry one of the most highly absorbed and effective form of getting your daily nutrient intake.
Açaí is perfect for:
Contains B1, B2, B3, B6, B12 vitamins and little sugar, diminishing energy from ‘sugar highs’.
• Contains Omegas (3, 6 & 9), which our bodies do not naturally produce. Omegas increase moisture and elasticity in the skin preventing dryness.
• Contains Vitamins A, C, E, D & B-1, 2, 3, 6, 12 as well as 17 principle minerals. The antioxidants and Vitamin A, C & E in Açaí accelerates cell and tissue growth, aiding skin repair.
• Features Selenium A, a rare antioxidant to regenerate skin cells.
• Contains mineral ‘zinc’ to regulate the oil in our skin and control the hormones responsible for acne.
• Dr MD Perricone stated that Açaí is his “#1 food for anti-ageing benefits” on the Oprah Winfrey Show.
Detox and general wellbeing
Packed with over 16 different types of antioxidants, Açaí helps cleanse and detoxify your body, banishing tiredness, bloatedness and stress, cure hangovers, feel energised and sleep better too!
Immunity, GI and Diabetics
• A staggering 17 principle minerals, together with omegas and antioxidants give Açaí spectacular immune boosting qualities.
• Features near perfect amino acid complex (19 out of the known 22.
• Açaí is a blood food. Its rich levels of Anthocyanin’s which may aid with blood conditions and circulatory problems.
• Oleic Acid in Açaí facilitates more supple body cells. When a cell membrane is kept supple, insulin receptors work more efficiently to control blood sugar levels. Açaí is very low on the Glycemic Index (GI) which means it creates only a small fluctuation in blood glucose and insulin levels after consumption - it also only contains a mere 0.02% natural fructose sugars per 100grams!
Brain food for children (and adults!)
The ideal fuel for growing children, Açaí contains no stimulants, nothing artificial and the rich Omega 3, Iodine and antioxidants help with general brain functioning and memory, pivotal for child development.
• Açaí helps pregnant women restore the natural amount of iodine lost in breast milk. It’s important that iodine levels are sustained to ensure mind and brain development of a foetus or newborn baby.
• Healthy mums equal healthy babies – being a pure fruit and completely organic, it’s 100% safe to eat.
• Açaí is not a weight loss pill.
• It is however filled with antioxidants that detoxify fat cells and remove toxins from the body, contributing to weight loss.
• A great addition to a healthy daily diet, Açaí is slow release and low GI to help you stay fuller for longer, preventing overeating and unhealthy snacking.
Amazonia is the only certified fair trade and truly sustainable source of the Açaí berry. As the only 100% Australian owned company, its young, passionate team is carving a visionary path of ethical, sustainable and conscious business for other Australian brands to follow.
For more information about Amazonia’s range of Açaí or Purpleberry products visit: