Over the weekend, people all over the world contributed to an unprecedented protest in the name of women's rights.
The Women's Marches held worldwide on January 21, were the most inspiring we've seen in a long time. Media reports say there were 673 marches held globally, with early estimates claiming 2 million people participated. (Take that, Patriarchy!)
The demonstration no doubt had law makers scratching their heads wondering how women managed to escape their kitchens and hit the streets to discuss reproductive rights, the wage gap, sexism, misogyny, violence against women and the rights of women of colour, immigrant women and queer women.
Today, we're toasting to the passion, creativity and intelligence of the men, women and children who participated in the march. Not only are you champions for just showing up, but your sign work is seriously on point.
1. Cheers to the Mean Girls-themed uterus
2. Cheers to the introverts who braved the crowds for a good cause
3. Cheers to Uzo Aduba for backing her main gal, Meryl Streep
4. Cheers to the grand daughters of the witches you couldn't burn
Also incredibly proud of my little sister who is marching today. Here's one of the signs she spotted: pic.twitter.com/2SAnfCFH1M— Lili Reinhart (@lilireinhart) January 21, 2017
5. Cheers to the little girls who changed Rosie the Riveter into a woman of colour
6. Cheers to this evil genius (or warrior of justice - you decide)
7. Cheers to this truth-teller
8. Cheers to Carrie Fisher and all the Star Wars fans out there
9. Cheers to this baby who won't let the limits of literacy stand in her way
10. Cheers to this person who just had no words left, but totally nailed the collective vibes
11. Cheers to this 90-year-old nasty girl
12. Cheers to this toddler who 'woke' up for the march
13. Cheers to these suffragettes who knew how to dress for the occasion
14. Cheers to Sir Ian McKellen who wouldn't let his bestie, Patrick Stewart, miss this event
15. Cheers to this astute people reader
16. Cheers to the woman who knows the real hero of Harry Potter
17. Cheers to this little girl's on-point spelling
This is Erin, 11, on the 6 train headed to the march. pic.twitter.com/Iy5W2trtGK— Remy Smidt (@remysmidt) January 21, 2017
18. Cheers to everyone who knows how to tie in a pop culture reference
This sign is relevant to my interests pic.twitter.com/v0jtcGddRF— Mazel Tov Cocktail (@AdamSerwer) January 21, 2017
19. Cheers to everyone who knows Rizzo is the best character in Grease
20. Cheers to the women who have come out time and again for the sisterhood. We love you.