As the weather warms up, we are quickly reminded of the need to bare flesh very soon.
Fear not! One of Australia’s leading dietitians, Susie Burrell, has some easy diet ideas to help get your body in great shape immediately.
With these simple ‘strip back’ weight loss tips and tricks, it can be easy for anyone to shed a few kilos in time for summer.
1. The number one key to success in a sustainable weight loss journey is to get organised. Make sure you allocate time to get to the shops each week to pick up all the healthy food supplies that you will need for the week ahead.
2. Schedule in time to exercise to ensure that you are burning a set number of calories each week. A simple 15-20min walk after meals will help to reduce glucose levels after you eat which in turn will reduce insulin levels and optimise fat metabolism in the body.
3. Start your weight loss kick with a mini detox and get rid of as much processed food as possible. It a great way of reminding your body how good you feel when you’re eating well.
4. Stick to a strict eating plan 5-6 days per week and then give yourself a meal or two on other days to eat out and indulge a little - you will find your food plan much easier to stick to if you do it this way.
5. To help you avoid the 3pm chocolate craving, pre-pare yourself some snacks such as nuts or cut up celery and carrots which you can nibble on throughout the day.
6. Cook eat least one meal each week and freeze it so it is ready to go when you arrive home from work and helps prevent you from having take away or toast for dinner.
7. Finish each meal with a green tea, the powerful polyphenols and caffeine have been shown to increase fat burning and while only in small amounts, every little bit counts.
8. Try to swap one of your meals each day for a hearty vegetable soup and watch a couple of kg fall off quickly.
Susie Burrell is one of Australia’s leading dietitians, she has plenty more great diet tips and healthy recipe ideas to share which you can find on her website www.susieburrell.com.au