Follow these top tips from Celebrity Fitness Trainer, Blake Worrall-Thompson to easily detox your body without any fad diets
Been on facebook recently? It’s everywhere… “I feel so fat” “I’ve eaten enough over the past two weeks to feed a family of five” “I’ve drunk more in the last two weeks than I have for the past 6 months”…. Now that you’re back to normality let’s get your body back in peak condition. Here are 7 ‘alternative’ methods for detoxing your body. Let’s do it.
1) Drink water and herbal tea. While people continue to research for the latest detox craze it seems most have forgotten about the holy grail of detoxing – water. It’s the easiest way to flush out the toxins. To work out EXACTLY how much you should be drinking times your bodyweight ( in kilos) by .033. For example mine is 86 (kgs) x .033 = 2.8 litres per day. For every hour of exercise I do I’ll add another litre of water.
2) Get your greens in to you. When it comes to foods for detox your greens are as good as it gets… Unfortunately for so many people they STILL don’t eat enough greens on a daily basis… Luckily for you there are some really good greens products on the market. I’ve teamed up with Nuzest who I believe, have the best greens product on the market – “Good Greens Stuff”. If you want to get more green in check out www.nuzest.com and put “blakewt” in the referral code on the bottom right hand side for 10% off.
3) Become a pro with probiotics. A recent study in the journal of nutrition has shown that taken a probiotic can help detoxify the body of heavy metals, free radicals, and dangerous bacteria by improving the natural anti-oxidant status in the body. Make sure you take a probiotic daily. I prefer to take it last thing at night before going to bed. I also rotate my probiotics as different probiotics have different strands of good bacteria.
4) Get your sweat on. Infrared saunas (along with water) are going to be the BEST way for you to detoxify for the simple fact it uses your bodies largest organ to detoxify – your skin. The infrared saunas are a great way to eliminate toxic metals, toxic chemicals and chronic infections. Working up a sweat gently helps eliminate all heavy metals and toxic chemicals. Medical studies demonstrate that most toxins can be eliminated through the skin, easing the amount of work the kidneys and liver have to do.
5) Use Epsom salts in your bath – Epsom salts help the body to regulate over 325 enzymes and also play a big role in the elimination of harmful toxins. Magnesium and sulfate (which both feature in Epsom salts) are both easily absorbed through the skin. The Epsom salts help to flush toxins and heavy metals from the cells, easing muscle pain and helping the body to eliminate harmful substances.
6) Jump on a trampoline – Yep, it’s true, you know those small little trampolines that you’d spend hours on when you were a kid? You can get back on them and be a kid again. For the body to detoxify it needs to move. The lymphatic system looks after every single cell, carries nutrients to the cell and gets rid of waste products. The problem is the lymph valves only channel one way and with the main values in the arms, legs and torso running UP the body the vertical movement that comes with the rebounding on a trampoline is extremely important.
7) Cleaning out the colon – Yep, it’s a little weird but highly effective. A colonic is great for removing the toxins from your gastrointestinal tract that left ‘unattended’ can create a number of issues such as arthritis, allergies and asthma. The colonic will help detox your body AND help improve healthy intestinal bacteria, boosting your energy and enhancing your immune system. Win!