We all lead increasingly busy lives that it can be hard to find a spare minute to head to the gym or take time away from the desk. Try this workout you can do anywhere, anytime, and stay energised without even leaving the office!
Lauren Hannaford, former elite gymnast turned health and fitness professional, National Gymnastics Coach and Instagram Influencer, has created her own style of workout which utilises core gymnastics skills and exercises.
Follow Lauren's interval style workout with the premise that you can train anytime, anywhere!
1. Every time you stand up to use the rest room, stretch your arms up to the ceiling for a good 10 seconds, circle them around backwards and reach down to your toes for 10 seconds.
2. When you get back to your desk, sit down and stand up 10 times without touching your seat (yes, you're doing squats!)
3. If you are in a big office block, take the stairs three levels up to use the bathroom instead of the one on your level. Before leaving your cubicle, lean against the door and do 10 standing pushups.
4. Create a community in your office that every hour or two hours if it feels more realistic, you have one leader each day to remember the hour and you all stand up together to do 15 toe raises and 10 tricep dips against your desks or filing cabinet.
5. If on a phone meeting, use your mobile with hands-free and walk up and down the hallway instead of sitting at your desk.
6. Split up two hours however you like throughout the work day where you do not use your chair at your desk and you do whatever work you can whilst standing up.