Our resident wellbeing expert, Sam Sample, shows us how to get softer and smoother skin in just 30 days!
Dry skin brushing stimulates circulation, increases cell renewal, tightens skin and improves texture, helps in the treatment of cellulite, cleans the lymphatic system and strengthens the immune system, and removes dead skin layers and stimulates glands, thus helping all your body systems to perform more efficiently. All that from just a few minutes each morning. Amazing huh!
Some tips on body brushing:
- Buy a natural (not synthetic) bristle brush
- Choose one with a long handle so that you can reach all areas of your body
- Brush skin before showering in the morning
- Do not wet your skin or the brush prior to brushing
- Always brush towards the heart in long, smooth strokes
- Start with the soles of your feet first, then the ankles, calves, thighs, stomach and buttocks and then your back, hands and arms
- Take care and do lighter strokes around your chest
- Do not brush your face or other sensitive or irritated areas
As you work your way up from the soles of your feet to the back of your neck, be grateful for every part of your body and practice “positive self talk” by thanking your body for all that it is and for all that it has the potential to be.
Finally… follow with a warm shower.
Have you got a question for Sam? Ask her here.