The serenity of a tropical paradise is the reason people travel to the Caribbean, so imagine having that same ambience in your own backyard! From décor to decking, you can re-create the magic of a tropical holiday hideaway… but we can’t promise you the weather to match! Here’s a list of things to include in your backyard transformation.
- Use bamboo for fencing the backyard. This instantly adds colour and tropical charm.
- Palm trees are crucial for your backyard to be Tropical. Landscape your garden with them, and try to vary the sizes of them so that the garden has different levels.
- If you have a pool, provide lounges and seating next to it. Bamboo or cane furniture in earthy tones will capture the essence of a Hawaii resort. Throw warm coloured cushions on top. Also, invest in some large floor style cushions.
- The key ingredient for your Tropical Paradise is a deck. Have it adjacent to the house, or have it stand-alone style, situated amongst a ferny tropical garden. Place a sisal rug on the deck too, this will add a homey touch to your resort inspired yard
- Tiki statues and torches dotted around the garden will help set the exotic mood.
- Consider having a large sandpit, which can be used for a child’s play area, or for some beach volleyball games!
- Tiki bars and huts with thatched roofing will serve as an excellent entertainment space.
- Umbrellas will serve as a shade provider during the day, but during the night they can be decorated with fairy lights for magical deck parties.
For more great garden ideas see The Outdoor Room on LifeStyle HOME.