• Eco Bricks is a Melbourne based company which offers a range of recycled bricks and pavers which are recovered from demolition projects.
• All recycled bricks and pavers at Eco Bricks are pre-sorted and cleaned by hand, which does not involve the use of electricity.
• The use of recycled bricks significantly reduces material use and waste going to landfill.
• Recycled bricks can be up to 20% cheaper than new bricks.
• It is estimated that that use of these recycled bricks reduces greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 86%, or 0.6 tonnes of GHG emissions per 1000 bricks recycled, when compared to the production of new bricks.
• Bricks have a significant thermal mass benefit, helping to regulate temperature within buildings, and reduce the need for heating and cooling, and associated energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
• Not all brickies enjoy working with recycled bricks as they are generally solid and therefore heavier, but are also less uniform than new bricks, which makes them a bit trickier to lay.
Tel: 1300 326 274