Go green this August and tantalise your senses naturally at the Organic Expo and Green Show 2010. Now in its sixth year, Australia’s organic and green living show returns to Sydney on the weekend of August 20-22.
There’s something for everyone at this year’s event at the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre, Darling Harbour with food tastings prepared by celebrity chefs, the latest advances in all-natural beauty treatments, gardening tips and organic wine to try.
This year’s Organic Expo and Green Show theme is ‘Paddock to Plate’ and offers the chance for Sydneysiders and visitors to catch cooking demonstrations by renowned celebrity chefs such as Kylie Kwong and Tobie Puttock as they show how to feed the family without blowing the budget by choosing food that is fresh, in season and produced with care.
With 180 exhibitors showcasing what’s fresh and best from the organic and green industry, there are attractions for all nature lovers this year:
• For kids: The Organic Kids’ Fun Zone is back with baby farmyard animals to pet, veggies to plant and creepy crawlies from the garden to learn about. The ‘Dig Your Dinner’ school competition entrants will also be proudly displayed at the show.
• For foodies: Celebrity chefs Kylie Kwong, Tobie Puttock, Simon Lawson, Samantha Gowing and Teresea Cutter will be at the demonstration stage cooking mouthwatering feasts and showing how easy it is to eat organically every day
• For green thumbs: Gardening gurus Jerry Coleby-Williams and Costa Georgiadis will be on hand to ensure your garden is greener and tastier than ever.
• For beauty buffs: Sample luxurious pampering treatments and shop up an organic storm while beauty expert Carla Oates reveals how to custom-blend your own skincare products from ingredients in your fridge
• For wine lovers: Don’t miss tastings on offer at The Organic Vineyard
• For home makers: There’s a huge selection of sustainable homewares, building and garden products to deck your house out like a green oasis
Pre-purchased online General Pass $13, General Pass $16, Concession $13, Family (2+2) $56, Under 12 free. Visit www.organicexpo.com.au for more details.