As the weather begins to warm up, it is important to ensure your lawn receives the right amount of care and support.
Bunnings National Garden Care Buyer, Ashley Hazelwood provides his advice for maintaining your lawn and garden throughout the warmer months:
• Lawns require regular feeding during spring and summer. Apply a high nitrogen slow release fertiliser to get your lawn looking a vibrant green in no time. Re-apply every 6 weeks.
• Dry spots and water pooling on the surface of your lawn are common when the weather starts to heat up. Use a wetting agent to allow water to properly drain into the soil and reduce the amount of water required to keep your lawn looking healthy.
• Even out your lawn and fill holes with a top dressing mix.
• Weeds are prevalent during spring and summer. Use a fertiliser that has a selective herbicide to get rid of those troublesome weeds while you feed.
• When purchasing a new lawn mower, be sure to speak to a Bunnings expert team member about which product is best for your garden. Different mowers offer varying features and benefits.
• With the New Year and summer ahead, it is easy to get caught up in the festivities. Keep the lawn and hedges in check with Bunnings' wide range of shrub shearers and trimmers.
• Summer is a great time to entertain outdoors, so keep fallen leaves and unwanted dust out of sight with Bunnings wide variety of leaf and garden blowers.
For more information on Bunnings' extensive range of garden care products, please visit www.bunnings.com.au
Courtesy of Bunnings