Palm Springs is famous for its breathtaking natural beauty, which provides a peaceful and restful backdrop for many holiday makers in the US. Palm Springs is defined by a rugged earthiness contrasted with the sleek and clean lines of cool and calming resorts. .
Some of the unique Palm Springs elements that will work to create the perfect Palm Springs backyard are:
- Using strong bold architecture. Work with the natural environment to make a strong design statement. Consider earthy materials such as natural rock and carved stone spheres to accent the theme in your backyard.
- Bring the outdoors in. Why not embed plants such as palms or ferns within the structure of your design? A palm tree bursting through a deck certainly creates a tropical statement.
- Allow as much light to enter the garden. Open up the space by avoiding permanent structures such as aluminium roofs. A better option is to shade with white canvas shade, in angular shapes preferably, as they elongate and lengthen the backyard.
- Consider ergonomic banquet seating along a wall of the backyard for that permanent deck-chair feel – an outdoor lounge that runs all along the wall is truly reminiscent of pool resort restfulness.
- Choose your plants carefully. Some excellent tropical plants families include: Heliconias, Gingers, Costus, Palms, Cycads and Tropical Flowering Trees.
In this setting your backyard will feel like a Palm Springs Pool paradise!
For more great garden ideas see The Outdoor Room on LifeStyle HOME.