Read our top tips for making a Christmas wreath with flowers from your own garden!
Try your hand at this gorgeous take on a traditional Christmas decoration.
What you will need:
- An oasis ring available from Spotlight, Lincraft or some flower stores
- 2-3 bunches of greenery
- Lengths of jasmine or any flower of your choice
- Soak the oasis ring in water for about five minutes (don't press oasis ring down as this will cause air bubbles to enter foam, creating dry spots).
- Cut greenery into 10cm lengths - each length should have a stem about 5cm long, with two leaves at the top. Working around the side of oasis ring, push stems well in on a slight angle, keeping the angle the same all the way around. Repeat process on top of ring.
- Dot small lengths of jasmine around wreath, pushing into oasis ring on an angle as you did with greenery.
- There is no need to add a loop for hanging as the wreath is easily hung on a nail or hook however it is up to you.
Three Alternative Christmas Wreath Ideas
- Want a white Christmas? Add a little white paint, glitter or sparkly white ribbons to your wreath for a touch of frost.
- Candy canes are just as much a part of Christmas as holly and tinsel. Weave these into your wreath for something fun and different.
- Feathered boas can make a great alternative to flowers. Simply weave one around a ring and voila!
[Feature image is a stock image.]