• Hebel is a type of aerated autoclaved concrete (AAC), which is a lightweight masonry product with lower environmental impact than standard concrete.
• Hebel can be cut with a Hebel saw, chiseled, carved and sanded to create any shape.
• Hebel is about a quarter of the weight of conventional concrete and is available in blocks, wall panels and floor slabs. Each can be manufactured in a range of sizes depending on specific applications, allowing for maximum efficiency and flexibility in construction.
• The most significant environmental benefit is that fly ash can be used as the silica-rich component. Once raw materials are mixed into a slurry and poured, the aluminum powder reacts chemically to create millions of tiny hydrogen gas bubbles. These microscopic, unconnected cells cause the material to expand to nearly twice its original volume giving Hebel its lightweight quality.
• The Hebel manufacturing process consumes a small fraction of the energy and materials of conventional masonry products like bricks and standard concrete.
• And all Hebel raw materials are sourced locally to minimise transport energy.
Tel: 1300 369 448