How to get the most out of your garden with pots and planters!
Pot plants, troughs or planter boxes are an effective way to style your garden - without taking up too much space or money.
Here are some great ideas for using pot plants in your garden:
- Creating boundaries. Planter boxes are great for marking zones or boundaries. Line the edges of your deck, patio or outdoor dining area for a better-looking alternative to a fence.
- Choose a pot based on the theme of your home. Pots come in many different materials and will vary depending on your look or taste. For example, terracotta pots suit traditional property types, glazed pots work well in a modern setting, while wooden pots contribute to a rustic feel.
- If using a wooden pot or planter - line the container with plastic to help with water retention and prevent the wood from rotting.
- Water frequently. Pots drain water quicker than a garden bed, so you will need to water them more frequently than your garden.
- Opt for drought-tolerant plants where possible. These types of plants - such as lady palms and succulents - suit containers and pots, and will require less maintenance than other types.