Is your garage or home overflowing with bits and bobs? Are you in desperate need of some extra storage? You’re not alone.
If you’re after a solution that’s cheap, easy to make, reliable and will take you less than a weekend to make, look no further than our cheap shed guide.
A garden shed is a cheap and easy way to tackle storage issues! .
Let’s be honest, these cheap sheds won’t put you in the running for Shed of the Year but they will help you organise your clutter and offer protection from the elements.
Here’s a list of our favourite cheap garden sheds online, there’s one for pretty much everyone.
What should I look for in a garden shed?
When choosing your shed, there are a couple of things you need to think about:
- Space. How much space do you have for the shed and how much space do you need in the shed? Our tip is to go one or two sizes bigger than you think because you’ll be surprised at how quickly it will fill up.
- Protection. If your new shed is in an exposed position you need to invest in something sturdier than a shed that is hidden from the elements. If you live in a windy area, we suggest you go for the hardiest material you can find.
- Flooring This is where cheap sheds get tricky and a few unsuspected costs can sneak in. If you already have a concrete slab or paving then you’re in luck otherwise you’ll need to build a sturdy base before you start building your shed.
Once you’ve thought about all those questions, you can start on the fun part - choosing your shed.
And don’t stress you don’t have to look too far with your local hardware, Bunnings, and sometimes ALDI stocking a great range of sheds or you can look online. Pssst... most of them offer shipping from the factory straight to your door so you don’t need to leave the comfort of your living room.
So here's our guide to the cheapest way to build a shed.
1. Stratco Potter Garden Shed
Size: 4.1 x 3.4 x 2.1
Price: Get a Quote
This spacious quote is perfect for green thumbs looking for somewhere to store their tools. With 23 colours to choose from and a lockable door this is one of the more luxe options on the list.
- Large and spacious storage shed.
- Tough, superior strength frame.
- Range of attractive colours.
- Clad in the resilient Prodek steel sheeting.
- Light grey interior with a colour exterior.
- Easy to build.
- Secure, lockable door handle.
Where to buy: Stratco
2. Ranbuild Skillion Shed
Size: 2.5 x 5.8 x 2.4
Price: Get a quote
Specialising in garages and sheds Ranbuild’s range is built with genuine Australian BlueScope steel to survive the harshest Australian conditions. With Ranbuild you also have the option to choose your doors, framing, insulation and more!
- Made from Colorbond Steel
- 15 year warranty
- DIY or ask them to build it for you
- Skillion roof means less gutters to clean
Where to buy: Ranbuild
3. Slim Sheds in Colour Steel
Size: 1.7 x 0.7 x 1.8
This DIY shed is perfect for households looking for an ample amount of storage in small spaces and backyards. It is the most basic shed and the cheapest on this list but suits plenty of households.
- 15 year warranty
- Sloped roof
- Single hinged door (980mm)
- 3 Colour options: Rivergum, Slate Grey and Smooth Cream
- High quality steel
Where to buy: Cheap Sheds
4. Garden Shed
Size: 3.0 x 3.0 x 2.0
By far the best value for money on the list, the Simply Sheds Garden Shed ticks all of the boxes. It’s easy to build has double-doors and is built of steel made with low environmental impact, it’s a hard one to scroll past.
- Gable roof slightly overhung at the front and rear walls
- Double doors hinged, with internal bracing
- Engineered to N2 standards
- 10-year Comprehensive Manufacturer’s Warranty
Where to buy: Simply Sheds
5. Absco Double Garage with Roller Doors
Size: 6.0 x 6.0 x 3.0
Whilst technically not a shed and more of a garage you can’t walk past the value of this deal. A sturdy structure and one of the biggest DIY sheds on the market this is perfect for those who are looking for somewhere to house extra cars, motorbikes and toys.
- Lifetime warranty
- Australian made and owned
- High tensile steel
- Wind rating: N2
- Gutters and downpipes included
- Roller doors
Where to buy: Bunnings