The decision of whether or not to choose a landscape architecture company comes down to value – value for money; the value of your lifestyle as well as the value the project adds to your overall property investment.
Sam Keats of Living Environs, a Perth based landscape architecture and outdoor living company, explains how to choose the right architect, and why we should!
Choosing the right architect
Step 1) It pays to do your research in determining just how much experience your landscape architecture company actually has. Request to see visual examples of their past projects – this will give you a strong indication of whether the company can actually practice what they preach.
Step 2) In addition, make sure you’re upfront about your budget and expectations.
Managing expectations is especially important, as the decision you make in regards to which landscape architecture company you choose will have major implications as to whether or not they are exceeded.
Step 3) One of the hardest stages of the landscape design process is visualising how the final product will look. While most landscaping companies will provide you with 2D designs, a truly specialist company will be able to supply you with a 3D model of your outdoor project before any work is commenced, enabling you to practically ‘walk through’ your future outdoor area.
5 top reasons for choosing a landscape architecture company
1. Professional design services plus vital experience and knowledge in the creation of unique spaces and places for people. Design is only quality design if it communicates insight and knowledge.
2. Unique design solutions which reflect the lifestyle and personality of each and every client. A landscape architect has the acute awareness that no project is the same and is an opportunity to create a product exclusively for that client.
3. The creation of integrated and cohesive spaces with a narrative which reflects both the specific site and client. From the material selections to the planting scheme, even the smallest choices form integral elements of the project.
4. A landscape architecture company is involved every day in the creation of spaces for work, living and play, resulting in a carefully considered and crafted balance of hardscape and softscape elements which will work together to get the most out of every space in the project.
5. Working with a design and build company gives you complete control over every bespoke and ‘off the shelf’ element of the design. The ability to control and communicate the intricacies of a project with one point of contact is unique and priceless, sometimes literally.