Tis the season to be jolly, but just tell that to someone who’s tasked with decorating the house, cooking a Christmas feast and buying and wrapping all the pressies!
Stay calm - with a little planning it is possible to take the tension out of the silly season – so you can enjoy just as much as everyone else.
Alyce Cowell, Westfield Christmas Insider shares her five top tips to take the stress out of Christmas shopping:
- Plan, plan, plan! It might seem like you have no time for this, but even spending 15 minutes jotting down who you need to buy for and possible gift ideas will help guide you once you're out shopping.
- Determine your budget. There's nothing worse than going over budget only halfway down your list, so figure out how much you're willing to spend on each person, and stick to it, no matter what. If there's a little left over at the end, try to buy a couple of small gifts for unexpected guests.
- Use the Westfield Gift Guide for last minute ideas for everyone on your list, especially those family members or friends that are particularly hard to buy for!
- Don't forget the trimmings! Items like wrapping paper, ribbon, sticky tape and name tags often get forgotten and can cut into your gift budget if you haven't put money aside.
- Consider a gift card. Let's face it; people love to choose their own gifts! Worried that it's not personal enough? Include catalogue cut-outs or print out ideas of items you think they'd love.
Check out www.westfield.com.au for more information!