If doing laundry is not your strong point, Shannon Lush has some great tips and tricks to help you out with everything from your whites to clothes shrinkage.
“It’s time for Australians to stop spending so much time cleaning their clothes, learn how to treat their garments better and start becoming more efficient in the laundry," said Lush. "After all, who wants to spend so much time in the laundry when you can be out enjoying the summer sunshine?
1) To reduce colour fading, minimise the volume of detergent and bleach products and the amount of time that clothes are left damp, soaking or hanging in sunshine.
2) Dry your clothes on the clothes line. Not only does it save money by saving on electricity but it saves wear and tear on your clothing.
3) Keep methylated spirits close by your washing machine. It is great for removing sweat stains.
4) Wash clothes at 36 to 37°C to reduce clothes shrinking.
5) Using a cleaning product like Vanish NapiSan in the appropriate amounts, cleans the first time rather than having to re-wash things.
For more information, click here