Follow these super-effective and easy cleaning tips for around the home
Leading Australian forensic cleaner, Lee Iordanidis and self proclaimed super-mum Dianne Ward are currently leading the White King Army initiative around the country where they are tackling Australia’s messiest homes.
The ‘Extreme Cleaners’ are teaching men, women and children simple and effective steps to keeping houses in ship-shape condition.
Here are Lee's Top 5 Cleaning Tips:
1. Wooden Chopping Boards: Are teeming with meat bacteria even after you’ve given them a normal wash. The only way to kill bacteria is to sanitise cutting boards with bleach. Wash and soak your board in diluted bleach for ten minutes. Rinse with clean water and dishwashing detergent.
2. Spray and Wipe: To make your own simple and effective multi-purpose household spray: Add one White King bleach tablet to a household spray bottle and fill with cold water.
3. The Troublesome Toilet: Give the seat, lid and buttons a quick wipe-over with White King Antibacterial Wipes. I’ve seen too many Aussie households with a designated ‘toilet cloth’ for this purpose. Get rid of it as this harbours more unwanted germs than the toilet itself. For the bowl, simply add one bleach tablet, let it dissolve for 5 minutes then give the bowl a quickscrub with the brush for gleaming results
4. Washing Machine Cleaner: They might seem clean, but washing machines are teeming with bacteria too due to the germs from each household member’s clothing mixing together. Give your machine a regular ‘mouthwash’ by adding two bleach tablets during an empty express cycle wash to keep your machine in top cleaning condition
5. Sparkling China and Porcelain: Add two cups of White King bleach to your kitchen sink and fill with water. Submerge china and porcelain dishes including mugs and cups for ten 10 minutes. Give cups a quick scrub then rinse in fresh water and watch the stains disappear
Want more Cleaning advice? Click here for Super Mum Diane's Top Tips to get the whole family involved!