Thinking of tossing out some old junk?
National Recycling Week kicks off Novemeber 12 and you can embrace the spirit and save junk from becoming landfill with a little DIY.
Touch up or completely transform a range of household items buried in your house with a can of high quality spray pain. It doesn't need to be an expensive rescue!
Here are the top tips from Rust-Oleum that will ensure every project has the best result.
1. Ensure the surface to be painted is well prepared: clean, dry and free from dust, dirt or rust.
2. When spray painting, start and finish off the object to avoid run marks and concentrated bursts of colour at the start and finish.
3. Spray in a steady back and forth motion approximately 30cm away from the surface to be painted, slightly overlapping with each stroke.
4. Avoid applying paint too thickly. This can cause paint to run. Several light coats will ensure an even finish and better coverage.
5. When restoring outdoor furniture use a paint that tolerates temperature fluctuations, like Universal All Surface spray paint.
For more home improvement ideas and tips, check out our helpful DIY section.