Blitz through your spring cleaning jobs effectively with handy hints from the team at Kennards Hire.
We've made it through the cold winter months and we can once again bask in the warmth of spring. But before we start inviting friends and family over for dinner parties and afternoon BBQs, it might be worthwhile assessing your home and garden as chances are they’re in need of some major TLC. Follow the tips below so you can power through your spring cleaning jobs effectively.
A checklist divided into indoor and outdoor areas will be beneficial to anyone spring cleaning around the house. Consider segregating your chores based on different areas around the home and divide your time over a few weekends if necessary. This allows you to methodically tick off tasks as you complete them and breaks down the cleaning process into small tasks to make a big job easy. Sanity restored.
If you don’t know where to start, here are some key tasks to focus on:
• Use a pressure washer to clean your driveway of grime and mould
• Remove dead leaves and debris from gutters and the roof
• Apply a fresh coat of varnish and add new life to your veranda
• Inspect your home and outdoor entertaining areas for mould – use a pressure washer on any that you come across
• De-clutter the garage or shed
• Get rid of dead branches and any other build-up of debris to encourage new growth.
The right tools can make spring cleaning a breeze, so invest in quality gear to save yourself time and effort. If you don’t have all the necessary tools, your local Kennards Hire branch has a huge range of equipment for DIYers to make your job easy. This is also a great way to save money on gear you may only need once a year.
Throughout October, your spring cleaning work can help Australian kids who need it most thanks to the Kennards for Kids Initiative. Throughout this time, Kennards Hire is donating $2 from every hire to children’s charities across the country. All the more reason to get busy tackling all your spring cleaning jobs.