An observant mum noticed the warning on the back of the Di-San container.
Di-San has been praised as a "miracle product". Cleaning-savvy Aussie mums took to social media to share their extraordinary experiences with the stain remover. One even explained how she saved a $3000 couch using only Di-San.
But now, one Aldi Mum has shared a warning about a common cleaning mistake. She spotted a warning on the back on the Di-San Pre Wash Stain Remover spray that people may not have previously known about.
She revealed that the $1.25 product should only ever be used alone. It can release harmful and toxic fumes when combined with other cleaners.
Image: Facebook/Aldi Mums
The warning only grabbed her attention after she felt unwell while cleaning her home. She discovered that she had accidentally combined two cleaning products.
"Warning, don't mix Di-San with other chemicals!" she wrote in the Aldi Mums Facebook group.
"I used this mix to clean grout on the floor. Yes, it worked. But this mix of Di-San and Mould Away gave me headaches and nausea and I did think about checking the labels!"
Fellow members of the group were grateful for the information, as many did not know about the dangers posed by household cleaners. Some claimed that not mixing chemicals is just "common sense".
"NEVER. Mix mould away or bleach with anything! NEVER use hot water with mould away or bleach either. If using mould away or bleach, ALWAYS follow the directions. You’re lucky you didn’t end up seriously ill!" one woman wrote.
"Thank you for telling us. I myself would have done the same thing. I also once got extremely ill from chemicals, so understand just how sick you have been," another commented.
"A good general rule for all chemicals," a third added.
More on LifeStyle.com.au:
- Special Buys: $99 Dyson vacuum cleaner copy coming to ALDI
- Clever cleaning hack: Mum uses unexpected spray for amazing results