With so many carpet choices out there, here are some options to consider from luxury carpet experts Brintons on how to create the perfect combination in your home.
• Instead of looking at rooms in isolation, choosing carpets that co-ordinate with each other allows you to enhance the sense of space, to link different styles and harmonise any disparate elements in your home.
• Irregular shaped rooms can be tamed with the right pattern on the floor and dark corners can be lightened and brightened with a subtle and calming neutral or soft chalky tone.
• Indulge yourself with a contemporary patterned axminster in a striking sitting room and let elements of your pattern travel further using coordinating plains beyond.
• You can create a runner effect and even make a feature by choosing one of the colour carpets for the walls. Alternatively you can tread lightly and keep the palette neutral.
• Choose a coordinating plain for tranquillity upstairs, but once downstairs make a statement with a contemporary pattern.
• There’s more to a harmonious scheme than simply colour. Design, style and pattern are key too. Make a feature of your stairs with a runner and then use the coordinating pattern for a busy hallway.
• Another option is to go fully fitted on stairs to keep cold toes warm and then pick a highlight colour for rooms that lead from the hall and landing for colour continuity.
• Large patterns tend to work best in large rooms and smaller patterns tend to work best in smaller rooms. Smaller patterns can be lost in large rooms and large patterns can be quite overpowering in small rooms.
• Patterned carpet can create a great focal point in a room. This can be further enhanced with surrounding furnishings which complement particular colours found within the design.