More and more people these days are running home businesses or at least have to take their work home with them so how do you fit a desk into an already cramped living space?
Many people like to put it in their bedroom because it is out of the way from guests and is actually one of the least used rooms in the house. When you think about it, you only use your bedroom to sleep and change!
So how do you separate the office space from the sleeping space? Here are some handy tips from the team at 60 Minute Makeovers.
• Maximize storage on walls by using shelving to remove books and clutter off the floor.
• A sofa bed is an excellent way to save space in your bedroom/office as it can be folded up when you’re not using it. They range from affordable to higher end models that have leather and a plusher mattress.
• Buy furniture that is multifunctional. A bed that has drawers below and a bookshelf at the headboard has already combined three pieces of furniture in one. If you decide to use a large piece of furniture, ensure it can house the majority of your storage needs, without having to use other pieces of furniture to block valuable space.
• Use furniture to divide the space. When using the master bedroom as an office, you should make an effort to create visual and physical space between the two. This will prevent the problem of work flowing over to the sleeping area, which can cause disruption in normal sleep patterns and blur the line between work and relaxation time.
• Be organised. Have a filing system in place and don’t keep things you don’t need. If you must hold onto documents store anything older than three months in the garage.
For more great decorating tips catch 60 Minute Makeovers on LifeStyle HOME.