Buyers are attracted to light-filled spaces, so the last thing you want to do is scare them off with a dark dungeon. Shaynna Blaze shares her tips to bring light into a dark area.
- Painting a room in a pale colour will help to reflect light back into the space, making it seem brighter and larger at the same time. But you don’t have to go for white; pick one of the new neutrals and contrast it with a white trim to really brighten the room.
- You can also use light coloured furniture and flooring to accentuate the effect, as well as accessories and mirrors to reflect light back into the room.
- Choosing the right blinds is also important; these sunscreen blinds offer privacy whilst still allowing the light to filter through.
- Don’t forget the doors; replace heavy wooden doors with glass paneled ones to let light into corridors and hallways, brightening up the whole interior as you walk in.
- And lastly, replace heavy light fittings with modern streamlined ones. They’ll reflect the light onto walls and ceilings, to brighten the room without creating harsh shadows.
To ask Shaynna a question, click HERE