Thanks to the popularity of terraces homes and the lack of space in some cities in Australia many homeowners are faced with the problem of decorating long, narrow rooms.
Thankfully, designer Richard Randall from 60 Minute Makeovers has some tips for making your tunnel like lounge room like more spacious.
6 Ways to Makeover A Narrow Lounge Room
- Wallpaper that is too strong and dark will close the room up. You want to expand it so use patterns that elongate the wall such as crosses and horizontal lines.
- Use a natural palette on the floor to lighten the room up and use a rug to add warmth and colour.
- Mirrors will open up small rooms and are a great way to decorate the walls.
- Keep the furniture light and neutral so it doesn’t clutter the room and instead add colour with paintings.
- Lamps will add a warm feel to a room and create depth while curtains help frame windows. You can pair them with vertical blinds to soften the harsh look of blinds.
Top Tip! When working with wallpaper start from the middle of a wall and work towards the end.
For more great decorating tips catch 60 Minute Makeovers on LifeStyle HOME.