You don’t need to spend a fortune to get a great facial scrub. Katie Butterworth shows us how to make the perfect homemade facial scrub that will leave you glowing this summer!
Facial scrubs can be quite expensive, especially anything organic and natural! I decided to try and make my own and I am never going back. Here is a recipe that works and is simple!
What you will need:
- ½ Cup of Coconut oil – or if you don’t have coconut you could use olive oil, grapeseed oil or almond oil.
- ½ Cup of raw sugar (add this slowly so as to make the right consistency)
- If you want a rougher scrub have some salt standing by.
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice – This increases the cleansing properties of the scrub.
- 2 Drops of tea-tree oil – I add this as it can help with breakouts, you can leave it out though.
- Add all of the above together and mix so it’s not runny.
- Store in a sealed tub or jar.
It's that simple! Now it's time to ENJOY your smooth and fresh face, ready for summer!
By Katie Butterworth