Rugs are a great accessory in any home. Shaynna Blaze shares her expert tips on how to make them work for you.
Here are my top tips on the art of making rugs look amazing in your home -
- Rugs come in many sizes but the two most common are 1700mm x 2400mm and 2000mm x 3000mm.
- Rugs can be used to add warmth to a room or inject a bit of colour, such as orange for a kid's room. The vibrancy really lifts the energy of the space, and the colour is really cozy.
- A large rug in an open living area creates a sense of intimacy – it says this space is for relaxing.
- A way to make your room look bigger is to tuck the rug under the legs of the couch so they connect with each other. Even if you have a small room and a small rug, this trick still works.
- Having a rug as an island gives a very formal look to an interior – this is a good way to make a space feel really special.
- Also by having the rug and the couch in the same colour, it gives the illusion the room is bigger than it is.
- Bold and colourful rugs can be a fantastic statement in a room. Not only do they say look at me, but they create a focal point to an area.
- In a large space, a fantastic rug adds some luxury, without overpowering the room. It's not always about colour, sometimes it's about creating that cozy feel.
- Rugs are so versatile and, best of all, if you fancy something different, they are easy to change.