Pine furniture can look outdated and overwhelming in a small space. But you don’t have to get rid of it altogether. You can simply update it using some Interior decorator Hannah Sandling from 60 Minute Makeovers has these tips for giving your old pine furniture a new lease on life.
6 Ways To Update Pine Furniture
1. Take pine furniture back to its raw state by sandpapering it so you have a blank canvas to work with.
2. Paint your newly sandpapered furniture with a bright, solid colour or two colours which complement each other.
3. If you don’t like bright colours, try a lime wash or white wash.
4. You can also stain the pine with a dark wood polish for a rich, warm feel.
5. Add a mirror to the front of wardrobe panels to add interest.
6. Change the handles on doors for an instant and easy updater.
For more great decorating tips catch 60 Minute Makeovers on LifeStyle HOME.