Tiny bathroom? Shaynna Blaze shares her expert design advice to help you make the most of the space.
When you’re trying to work with a tight bathroom space, there is literally no room for mistakes so it’s vital to get it all worked out in the floorplan:
• Play around with layouts, checkout your measurements and experiment on paper.
• One obvious way to save space and preserve functionality is to put the shower over the bath.
• By having a glass screen rather than a shower door, you can save even more space by not leaving room for the door to open.
• When it comes to mirrors, think big! By running a mirror the whole length of a wall you automatically reflect the whole room and double the sense of space.
• Choosing the right colours and lighting will also create an illusion of more space.
• Having the same colour tile for the floor and walls connects the surfaces making it feel like one large space.
• Another great design tip is to create a striking feature so it draws the eye to one spot, distracting from how small the room us.