Australasia’s favourite Craft & Quilt Fair has it all. See exclusive displays, inspiring exhibitions and guest artists at the biggest craft event in Australasia.
Jane Davila shows us how to make these adorable matchbook-sized notepads for capturing doodles or for sketching on the go!
What you will need:
Lightweight drawing paper cut into 2 1/4" squares
Heavy paper like Bristol board (mine is 6"x 8")
Jacquard Lumiere metallic acrylic paint
Stencil or template
Perfect Pearls Mists metallic spray ink or similar
Stapler & staples
Folder, scorer, or creaser
Scissors, X-acto knife or cutter, ruler & mat
1. Dilute metallic acrylic paint with a small amount of water (about 3:1). Paint sheets of heavy paper with the diluted paint. Let dry.
2. Place a stencil over the painted heavy paper and spray with Perfect Pearls Mist spray.
3. Remove stencil and allow to dry.
4. Use full strength metallic acrylic paint to apply a stamped image. Allow some of the stamped designs to run off the edge of the paper, protecting your work surface. Allow to dry.
5. Trim the heavy paper into as many 2 1/4" x 5 1/2" pieces as you can get out of it. I was able to cut 3 of this size from my paper.
6. Measure 1/2" from one short edge and fold up. Crease the fold well, using a paper creaser or scorer if possible.
7. Place 15 sheets of thinner drawing paper (cut 2 1/4" x 2 1/4") under this fold and staple in place. Do not staple through two layers of the heavy paper.
8. From the opposite short side, measure 2 1/8", fold and crease well. Measure 2 3/8" from the same edge, fold and crease well.
9. Fold one short side under the other short side. Use alphabet stamps and a stamp pad to add the message of your choice on the front of the notepad. If desired, stamp a small "chop" on the back.
10. Done! Gift these fabulous little notepads to all of your friends and tuck one into your pocket or purse too!
If you live in Sydney and would like to meet Jane then come along to The Craft & Quilt Fair:
Where: Sydney Exhibition Centre, Darling Harbour
When: Wednesday 16 – Sunday 18 June
Time: 9.00am – 5.00pm daily
Tickets: Start at $17 for adults
For more information on Jane, visit: www.janedavila.com