Riot Art & Craft show us how to make a gift from the heart your beloved will truly appreciate!
Want to give your beloved a gift from the heart? Nothing says I Love You more than something you have spent your time, creativity and energy on – and will mean so much more than any store bought item you’ve spent your money on.
So have a go at making these beautiful hand made roses this V Day. The best bit? They’ll never wilt! Riot Art & Craft show us how...
Carnival Arts & Crafts Felt – Ruby
Carnival Arts & Crafts Felt – Forrest Green
Jo Sonja’s Acrylic Paint – Pine Green
Carnival Arts & Crafts Scissors
Carnival Arts & Crafts Mini Glue Gun
Carnival Arts & Crafts Glue Gun Sticks
Darice Florist Stem Wire - Green
1) Take an A4 sheet of felt, and fold diagonally to make a square. Cut out a circle within the square, of roughly the same diameter. Cut a wavy line around the outside of the circle.
2) From the edge of the circle cut out a spiral, keeping an irregular wavy line. Keep the spiral roughly one inch thick, but allow it to vary. You will end up with a curly spiral.
Take an end and fold it inwards to a right angle, leaving an overlap to hold whilst you roll your rose. Begin rolling tightly.
3) At around 1/3 and 2/3s of the way through twist your felt over. This will give that lush rose texture.
4) When you come to the end of the felt, seal with a dab of hot glue. Tweak your petals, and trim any rogue lengths.
5) With the remaining red felt cut out wide, large petals with a slit in the base of about a centimeter. Wrap these around the stick at the base of the rose and fold into a corner, to contain any messy edges, and seal with hot glue.
6) For the foliage cut out leaf shapes from your green felt and chip into the sides to create a jagged edge. Fix them to your stem by pinching the base of the leaf to the stem with a dab of hot glue.
For more information or to order the craft materials featured, visit www.riotstores.com.au