Make your own Christmas stocking just like Sarah from Sarah’s Holiday Party.
• 2 pieces of felt, each 24 by 16 inches
• Long sewing pins, large-eye sewing needle and cotton OR a sewing machine
• Pinking shears (Scissors, the blades of which are sawtoothed instead of straight. They leave a zigzag pattern instead of a straight edge)
• Super glue
• Decorations/trimmings for your stocking (coloured felt, glitter, baubles, stars, etc)
1. Cut 1 stocking shape from each piece of the felt with pinking shears. Use an old or inexpensive purchased Christmas stocking as a guide for size.
2. Decorate your stocking with your accessories making sure to leave 1 inch of clean space around the entire outside of the stocking as you don’t want to be sewing over your accessories. It is also a good idea to lay out your accessories before you glue!
3. How are you going to hang your stocking? From a cord? Cut a length of cord and stitch this into the edge.
4. Stitch around the edge, making sure you leave the top open.
5. Hang up your new stocking and hope for lots of goodies
Tip: A Stitch for All Stockings
Thread your needle with a length of floss and knot one end. Begin sewing by pushing the needle up through the underside of the fabric and then out the top. Loop the needle back under the fabric and repeat the stitch.