For so long we have thought that it was necessary to pay a professional to install our window furnishings, but with the increasing popularity of DIY and online purchasing, this myth is finally being laid to rest.
Installing blinds is easy and anyone is capable of doing it. With some basic tools, you will be able to get started in no time! Gillian Crosby, Company Director at Blinds Online tells us how:
• A cordless screwdriver
• A metal tape measure
• A pencil
Your new blinds should arrive with all the brackets and screws necessary for installation. The style and number of these will vary depending on your chosen style of blind. The following is a basic guide to installation:
• Place the blinds beneath the required windows and unpack all necessary items
• Hold the bracket against the architrave or inside the window reveal at the correct position e.g. for roller blinds these need to be at each end of the window (refer to instructions that come with the blind for specific bracket placements).
• Place a screw onto the cordless screwdriver tip and screw this into the architrave/window reveal through the hole in the bracket. You will generally require two screws per bracket. Repeat for each bracket.
• Slot the blind into the brackets until it clicks into place
• Install all child safety clips provided as per instructions with the blinds to hold the cords and chains out of harm’s way.
For more information, or to find the right blinds for you, visit www.blindsonline.com.au