Builder Mike Griggs shows you how to put together a sliding door frame.
Before hanging a cavity sliding door, be sure to paint the top, side and bottom edges of the door if desired. You won’t be able to get to them later.
Once the paint is dry, you can set up the main hardware involved: the base plate of the door, which hangs off the roller wheels. But before you get started, double check that your door is up the right way!
1. Fit the two base plates to the top of your door 80mm in from the outside edges. Mark the two holes required and screw it in.
2. Fit the two roller wheels in by sliding them into the head track.
3. The roller wheels have a hanging pin. Hook the door onto this pin.
4. If needed, the height and level can be adjusted with a spanner.
5. Fit the two door guides to the bottom of the cavity pocket frame.
6. Fit the pelmet, using screws in case the door needs to be adjusted or removed in the future.