Thinking of outdoor Christmas lights? It's that time of year again, so get out your baubles, trinkets and charms to make a fun and festive house this Christmas.
While Christmas lights can be gorgeous, they aren't always fun for the person who has to hang them!
We spoke to Bunnings National Lighting Buyer, Natasha Ryan, to find her expert advice to help make your home shine bright this Christmas.
• Get the whole family involved in the Christmas experience by making a day of decorating the home with festive lights.
• It's important to put safety first, so if you're unsure how to correctly install any festive lights, head into your local Bunnings and speak to an expert team member, who is available to answer all your D.I.Y. questions.
• Buy energy efficient items to reduce costs and always remember to switch lights off when no one is home. A great way to keep costs down is by investing in solar and LED lighting.
• Buy weather proof items where possible. Bunnings sell a range of products that are shock and weather-proof, so make sure you read the labels before purchasing.
• Most Christmas light decorations come with a clear set of instructions and it's important to follow these carefully to avoid frustration and make your light decoration experience easier.
• Jingle rock your way through setting up the lights with a personalised Christmas carol playlist. Have some fun by playing your favourite festive melodies.
• If you're using last year's lighting decorations, check that all the bulbs still work before setting up and replace them correctly according to the manufacturer's instructions.
For more information about Bunnings' wide range of festive lighting products, head to your nearest store for expert team member advice or visit www.bunnings.com.au.