Builder Mike Griggs shows you how to hang an interior door in your house.
You can fit a new door into an existing doorframe with minimal hassle. Just follow these steps.
1. Measure the existing doorframe – top, bottom and sides – to make the new door fit.
2. There's a little rule in building - measure twice, cut once. That way you avoid costly mistakes.
3. If the size needs adjusting, plane a few millimetres off the end to get the right fit.
4. Once you’ve planed your door, check for your 3 millimetre gaps around the top and sides. The gaps means the door will be able to open and close easily. Any less, the door will stick.
5. You may want to chisel off part of the door so the hinge sits flush with the edge.
6. Now just hang the door, and you’re good to go!